Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ranting and Raving

This is something I got from my friend Anti-Drama Queen.

And I thought I'd had some bad dating experiences. Which I have.

To be honest, I've found that I talk more about dating then I do anything about the city. Well, to tell you about my exciting news. RESTAURANT WEEK IS HERE!

Try to curb your enthusiasm.

Restaurant week is when all the hoity toity restaurants around DC open their doors to paupers like me, where for one week only, they do a flat rate on their meals. For a 3-course dinner, $30.06! Not bad!! Most of these meals would usually run about $80 a pop! So you can imagine my excitement! Reservations are required so I booked something for every night next week. Hm...

$30+tip+tax= about $40 a night

$40 x 6 nights of eating out = $240

$240 + 3 friends everynight + TONS of good eats = priceless

Yeah, so next time you come to DC, be sure to come during restaurant week so you can eat at places like these.

Who ever said I wasn't frugal?

Oh yeah, because I've been shopping online all day, I guess you couldn't exactly call me frugal. I mean, its a one day sale! What am I supposed to do?! Its not my fault they* chose today to have a sale. Plus what's a girl to do when she does nothing but sit at a desk all day? Well, besides eat, check email, perfect doodling my doodle bug (his name is Sammy the Snail), run stuff to the Navy Yard, you know, do some actual work, oh read some blogs, and just sit staring into space... besides all that, of course.

I mean, hello! They pay me to do something, right? Let me know if you know what it is.

Oh, I start my new job (the one I got promoted to) next week. We'll see how I do! Keep your fingers crossed!


* They being Spiegal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home