Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rumblin in my Tumblin!

I'm starved. I don't know why. I feel like I could eat a horse, although I don't see myself ever eating horse. Would that be considered a delicacy? I can't eat deer either. For some reason, whenever I try to eat deer, I imagine a doe, with sad wide-eyes. *Sniff sniff* Poor Bambi!! But, oddly enough, I have no quams about eating duck... or lamb.... or rabbit. Those are all adorable creatures, but I have no problem chowing down on them. Yum.... lamb.

Last night my fabulous roommate took me out for a belated birthday dinner. It was FAB-U-LOUS! Everything was beyond yummy. Plus, our waiter was totally hilarious! He was just so intense. When he told us the specials he spoke with such passion and wonderful descriptions... wow! He was cute, very friendly, we thought he was hilarious, although I don't know if he was trying to be. Oh, when my fab roomie asked him if the Halibut was fresh, the conversation went something like this:

Fab roomie: Is the Halibut fresh?

Waiter: Well, most halibut that you get at restaurants is going to be at least 7 days old since that's the amount of time that it takes to get from Alaska to here. However, we have the halibut fedexed directly from the boat in Alaska to here. It arrived on Saturday. So, pretty much, its the freshest halibut you'll ever have outside of Alaska.

She got the halibut.

I went with the pork. Boy, was that wonderful! My friend A came with us and got the salmon, she adored it! Oh, and appetizer... we had bison bruschetta. Wowsers that's good! Yeah, its definitely an amazing place. Pricey, but awesome! Oh, and the desserts!! Yes, we got dessert! That's one of the things I love about pricey restaurants, they give you smaller portions so you can actually clean your plate and no feel stuffed! I mean, after eating an appetizer, bread, my entree, and dessert, I didn't feel stuffed. I felt satisfied. Plus, since I didn't have to pay for it, it tasted that much better. I love having a fabulous roommate!

Yeah, so I'm doing Chipotle tonight for dinner since my kitchen sink is out of commission. There's a leak under our kitchen sink. As long as we don't turn the water on, it doesn't leak. We called a plummer but he can't make it until Thursday or Friday. So, looks like I'm eating out for the rest of the week. What a shame... I LOVE IT! Too bad I don't have a lot of money. I'd eat at fabulously expensive restaurants all the time. But alas, Chipotle will do for me. Yum. Chipotle.

Yeah, well I better get back to looking like I'm working. Its what I do best!

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

I JUST ate and that made me hungry, haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home