Monday, August 07, 2006

my bottomless pitt

Just FYI, I'm a happy person generally speaking. I'm known for laughing a lot and smiling most of the time. However, I'm also known for holding grudges. I don't let a person fool me twice. I just thought I'd put that note out there just so you know, despite my postings, that I'm rarely depressed, constantly stressed, but a generally happy individual.

Now we may continue with previously scheduled programming.

As I sit at my desk all day, I think of how hungry I am. Even if I've just eaten! I lead a fairly boring meal regiment. I always have wheat thins, a jar of PB, craisins, canned peaches, oatmeal, hummus, breakfast bars, and beef jerky. I eat oatmeal or a breakfast bar every morning, a snack of beef jerky (I know some people think BJ is gross, but its a staple... hello? Protein!), hummus with crackers for lunch, and then snack on healthy crap for the rest of the day.

I hate healthy food.

Despite how much I hate healthy food, 9 out of 10 times I'll order a salad on a date. Why? Because when I'm on a date, I'm on my best behavior. At least at first. Also, I never finish my food when I'm on a date, although I'm a huge pig normally. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA!

I wish I could figure out why I'm never hungry when I'm on the date.

Am I self conscious? You bet!

Am I afraid he'll think I'm a pig? You bet!

Am I afraid I'll get something stuck in my teeth? You bet!

Yes, but the deal is that I'm not purposely eating very little. I can't help it! I mean, I'd love to pig out on his penny, but I'm.not.hungry.

So, inevitably, I come home starved. But I'm not hungry until I walk in the door. Or until he leaves my side. As soon as I get home, I heat up the leftovers, eat a pint of ice cream, and then make a bag of popcorn covered with melted marshmellows and PB (if you haven't tried it, you have to try it... although, more likely than not, you haven't tried it since, to the best of my knowledge, I created it). Yes, I can eat an entire bag.

Yeah, then I complain about how I can never lose weight.

Hehe. I'm a nut case. But just maybe all girls are like this.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

The popcorn/marshmallow sounds interesting.


I think a lot of girls are that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home