Thursday, August 03, 2006

My brush with adulthood

Whenever I know I'm getting money, like for a birthday or if someone owes me money, I spend it on something frivilous. I know its all well and good to save money or put in a payment on the credit card, but I believe that I need to treat myself every now and then. I never fret about "treating" myself, because I know the money's coming.

Recently, due to my diligent efforts at work (note the sarcasm) I was put in for a Spot Award, which I was awarded last week. This award included some money which they said would be deposited in my bank account. After talking to the other girl getting the same award, we searched and found on the company website that the award would be $100. Yes, I was disappointed, but that didn't keep me from hoping on the good ol' internet and spending it right there and then. One pair of shoes and a pair of pants later, it was gone before it even existed.

Fast forward to today. I realize I need to make a payment on my credit card. Ugh. The dreaded credit card. So, I logon to my bank website only to see $1000 more than I had anticipated I'd have in my checking account. $1000 SMACKERS!

At first I thought that maybe my paycheck was put in early, but no. Then I thought it might be an accounting error (obviously in my favor), but NO! The award was for $1000! So, the good news is that yes, I spent the anticipated $100 award, but now I have $900 more dollars... which I promptly send to my credit card company.

Yeah, I'm responsible like that.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....you can't take it with you. But you can wear it while you're here.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Good for you! And WOW what a nice treat, $900!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home