Monday, July 31, 2006

My Lucky Dress

For my birthday, my mom and my sister took me out shopping. I arrived at the designated store only to find a dressing room stocked full of clothes ready for me to try on. I tried on pants, skirts, blouses, tanks, capris, jackets... and one dress.

Now, I should let you know. I'm not a dress kinda girl. I've been wearing skirts and blouses for years now... I've been anti-dresses.

But this dress was different.

I scoffed at the dress, assured my sister and my mom that I didn't wear dresses. To make them happy I slipped on the dress.

As I stood alone in the dressing room, I looked in the mirror. Was it just me or did I look abso-friggin-lutely hott? I twirled in the dress a few times, always returning to the mirror. Something must not be right... I don't look good in dresses. Oh, but I looked good in this one.

My mom and sister entered the room, I wiped that smile off my face... I couldn't have them thinking they've changed the entire way I shop! I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. So, with a straight face, I asked them how it looked, to which they replied, "You have to get that!"

I wasn't so keen on buying a dress, so my mother bought it for me.

Well, I finally wore the dress yesterday to church despite the fact that I had no decent shoes to wear with it. It was light and airy... and I felt very feminine. Throughout the day I got more compliments than I have on any other outfit... which is saying a lot for me. I'm head of fashion when it comes to my social circles.

But there's more... not only do I look good in the dress, but it also contains magical powers.

As I was leaving church yesterday, I passed PG in the hall. (PG is the guy that I had a huge crush on 2 years ago. My whore of a roommate told him, he talked to me once after that and ended the conversation with a wink. Yeah, I could've died. Well, since that conversation 2 years ago, we haven't spoken. He's a good looking guy but he obviously has been avoiding me or something.) So, yesterday after not speaking to this guy for almost 2 years... he stops me in the hall! I was in no way prepared for this so I remained tongue tied for our entire encounter, which lasted maybe 5-10 minutes. But he spoke to me!

How lame am I?

Yes, so the dress will forever be known as my lucky dress... not because I got lucky in it (because, remember, I'm celibate), but because people that normally didn't take notice of me, noticed me.

Can I tell you how great my boobs looked in that dress? I wish I could wear it everyday... like that girl that Seinfeld dated.

Would that be weird?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home