Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What's not to love about Frank?

Yes... I love him. Frank, that is. I find him soothing. I listen to him while in traffic, at work, or even just chilling. He's perfect for all occasions. I fell in love with him the first time I saw Guys and Dolls. And he is forever in my heart.

My uncle suggested this is the reason old men like me. Yes, old men... as in any man over the age of 35. I didn't realize that Frank was a singer for single men over 35 only. Why didn't anyone tell me before I fell in love with him?

Besides Frank, I'm also a big fan of Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby, Howard Keel, and Debbie Reynolds. Yes, my first childhood crush was on Benjamin (Jeff Richards) from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Actually, my older sister and I would fight over him. I insisted that I was Darkess (the girl pictured here). Where my sister always told me I had to be Sarah and marry Frank. Big sister suck like that. I mean, I never saw Sarah in anything but Seven Brides, whereas Darkess became Cat Woman in Batman. How cool is that?!

Yes, so I was brought up to love fictional characters. Not just any fictional characters, but fictional characters played by actors that were at least 60 years my senior. I guess my mom thought it was safer that way. Most likely. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a poster of Jeff Richards in 1990... you know, before Al Gore invented the internet. I never got one. But I managed to survive and move on to New Kids on the Block and MC Hammer. Aw... those were the days.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home