Thursday, May 11, 2006

Drama Queen?

Last night I went out to dinner with my friend Erin and then returned to my house to watch the line up. The ever important line up! Gilmore Girls (thank goodness for DVR), America's Next Top Model, and LOST. I couldn't miss a single one of them.

Well, as we were talking she commented on my dramatic lifestyle. I know I'm dramatic but do I make everyone think my life is nothing but drama? I mean, I have the most boring job in the world, I haven't been on a date in .... what year is it? Since December. Honestly, what she calls "drama" is me complaining about my broken windshield wiper. Yes, there's always something not right in my life, but isn't everyone like that?

Oh, but exciting! My roommate from my sophomore year of college just called me out of the blue yesterday. I haven't talked to her in years (yes, I'm a bad friend). Turns out she's moved right next to my home town and is working as a college professor. Weird, huh? I mean, professors are serious grownups. But on the upside, she wants me to apply for her old job in DC! It sounds like an amazing position, so I'm excited to see if anything comes of it.

I was seriously impressed that my old roomie called me. Once I haven't talked to someone for an extended period of time, I feel like I can't call them anymore. I mean, its not like I've forgotten them, but if I were to call them, they'd feel neglected and I'd have to apologize and play catch up, and then they'd think I was being stupid. Yeah, I've noticed that guys don't have this problem. They won't talk to a friend for 10 years, and then they want something outta the guy and they just call them up. I could never do that! I don't want my friends to think I'm using them (although I really want to). I guess its kinda a double standard. I don't mind when old friends call me up and need something, but I could never do it. I'm horrible.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Yay, Gilmore Girls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home