Friday, July 07, 2006

And on Thanksgiving....

I've decided that I'm not very interesting. I went out to eat with my best gal pal, E, as we do every Thursday to the ever wonderful Chipotle, and I couldn't stop talking about my baby brother. I mean, he says the darn-dist things! I could feel myself talking too much, and I could tell she was losing interest... but I COULDN'T STOP! I knew she was bored and I just kept talking! What's wrong with me?!! Plus, I ordered the same old thing. Its just once you've found perfection, you stick with it. Am I right? (Burrito bowl, rice, black beans, fajita veggies, steak, fresh salsa, a little bit of sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.... took me months to perfect, so now I'm reaping the benefits!)

In the end, I finally let her talk some. Then we were fine.

I got an email from my friend Em yesterday. We went to college together. (This translates to: we pigged out together, cried together, pulled all-nighters together, dieted together, attempted to exercise together, watched stupid sappy movies together, and finally graduated together.) After college she moved to what is known as the Mormon Mecca.... UTAH. Yes, so I got an email stating the dreaded news: She's getting married. Ouch! Another one bites the dust!!

Funny thing about Em... she's always been hilariously amusing. Just not everyone noticed. After college she wanted to start with a clean slate, so she moved to Utah. Funny things happen in Utah that don't happen in DC. Like.... dating... marriage. That kind of stuff. The girl didn't go on a date her entire college experience, and she goes out to Utah, and BANG!! She's a dating queen! Not only that, she gets engaged less than a year after moving there.

I know what you're thinking....SHUT UP!!! I'M NOT JEALOUS!! I'm young! And vibrant! And.... and.... and.... and....busy!

So, she's getting married. I have yet to write back to her. Its not because I'm bitter... although I am. Its just because I'm busy. Right.... I'm. busy. It happens!

So, Em and I used to watch movies together that were hilarious. Sometimes they weren't supposed to be comedies, but we found them hilarious anyways.

One night, after a long week, and way too much sugar, we decided the funniest quote ever was the following from the movie The Other Sister (a very dramatic movie... or its supposed to be): "And on Thanksgiving.... we DID IT."

What made this worse is the voice we used when we said this quote. We imitated the characters and did it beautifully as we continued the quote by singing the first few lines of "76 trombones" from Music Man.

Ah... those were the days. I love you Em... even though you are ditching me for a boy. In that regard, you suck!! But I still love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home