Monday, June 19, 2006

My trip to Richmond

Over the weekend, I was in charge of my ward's (congregation) road trip to Richmond, VA. Everything leading up to the trip was a nightmare! I was assigned the task Tuesday, and had to execute it on Saturday. Not a great timeline. After hours and hours of research and planning, everyone was in Richmond happy and absolutely content. Except for me:

Me: Which way do I turn here?

A: Uh... right?

Me: We did that earlier, it didn't take us anywhere. You're the navigator! You're supposed to know where we're going!!!

A: Maybe I would if you hadn't handed out ALL the maps to everyone else!

Me: What else was I supposed to do? I'm the planner! I didn't know they would take ALL the maps!

A: This SO isn't my fault!

Me: Shut up and tell me where to go.

A: Left.

Me: LEFT?! You want me to turn LEFT into the CRACK HOUSE?!?!

Don't worry, A and I are still friends and we were able to make it out of Richmond in one piece. Barely.

On the upside, I got to see a man pee on the sidewalk at midnight in the ghetto of Washington, D.C. I can now die happy.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Aw, yay Richmond. Glad you made it out alive. I hope you had SOME good times there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home