Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mysterious RT guy...

When I was in college I worked at Ruby Tuesday. It started one summer when I was home for the summer. I was bored out of my mind, I put in an application and they hired me... no experience required! SWEET! So, I worked at this little Ruby Tuesday that had next to no customers, so I made next to nothing. But it was my start.

I was so excited to be a real waitress. All I had ever been was a hostess. My mom was so proud. She actually came in and ate and gave me a hefty tip. All that's beside the point.

When I was working there, I had a lot of fun with the other servers. They were all around my age, but most of them had made a career of the serving thing... no college for them. There was a guy, I don't even remember his name, that worked there. He was about 30 and his dream job was to be a real fire fighter, not just a volunteer like he was then. He was fairly cute and a flirt. I don't remember much about him except that every time I'd walk into the kitchen to fill up drinks or fix coffee.... pretty much anytime I had my back turned....he'd come up behind me, brush the hair from my neck, and kiss it. It sounds weird and very "sexual harrassment" to me now, but at the time, I didn't mind it. I actually enjoyed it. He never asked me out or made any other attempt to do anything with me. Just every day, a kiss on the neck. I don't know why, but I look back at that experience with fondness. I bet he was a good kisser. I guess that was my first missed opportunity at a NCMO (Non-Committal Make Out). Dang. I should've taken it!

When school started back up in the fall, I transfered to a Ruby Tuesday there. That one had more traffic and I made a bundle. But no guy mysteriously kissing my neck. Weird how I kinda missed it. I went back over Christmas to work at the RT back home, but he was gone. I wonder what ever happened to him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home