Monday, September 18, 2006

I showered naked

I went camping. And survived.

I'm not sure if I really do hate camping. I enjoyed participating in all the outdoor activities, the bugs weren't bad, and the company was fantastic. I didn't enjoy the sleeping in the great outdoors though. And when I say "the great outdoors," this means anyplace where the great outdoors can come and get me. I guess technically we stayed in cabins. Very nice cabins actually. With beds. And screens on every window. And lights. But since the great outdoors was able to get in, it was still camping.

Case and point:

Friday night I got to the camp after dark, so I had some difficulty finding my cabin (a 2 minute walk turned into a 30 minute trek). So, I settled into my bed with my queen size sleeping bag (why does a single girl need a queen size sleeping bag? I have no idea. But I have one because it was attached to a blow up mattress I had in college that my obese roommate popped, thus I threw out the mattress, but decided to save the sleeping bag, because I'm cool like that.) around 1 a.m. Like I said before, I don't like sleeping in the great outdoors... I jump at every sound, so with some difficulty, I started to fall asleep. Then out of nowhere, something landed or fell on my stomach!

I SCREAMED!

IT WAS A BAT!

A RABID BAT!

Out to get me!

I thrash around attempting to get the horrid creature off of me but I don't get out of my sleeping bag and stand up. Instead, I dive deep into my sleeping bag, curling up into a ball at the very bottom of my massive sleeping bag.

It gets hot at the bottom of a sleeping bag. But bats can't get you there.

The next morning I experienced something I've never experienced before. The horror of public OPEN showers. Let me explain, our bathroom was shared by about 20-30 girls. There were 3 toilets, separated by shower curtains, with another curtain to pull closed to provide privacy. Right, privacy. Then there were 3 lovely sinks with separate hot and cold faucets. (Who's bright idea was it to have separate faucets for hot and cold? I mean, it makes it impossible to wash your hands with warm water without burning/freezing your hand momentarily. Really stupid if you ask me.) 3 mirrors. Then, there were 3 shower heads.

Note: 3 shower heads, NOT 3 separate showers.

No shower curtains. No separation. Just 3 shower heads. Together. Next to each other.

You can't imagine my despair!

I had been warned that this may be the case, but I failed to believe it possible. I did bring my bathing suit... but I didn't want to shower in my bathing suit. I mean, every girl needs some naked time everyday, am I right?

So, I experienced being naked in front of others. Stark Butt Naked. It wasn't pretty. I mean to say, mine wasn't but many of the other girls were. This was in no way sexy or lesbian or anything of that sort. It was simply girls ignoring each other's nakedness. And that's exactly what we did.

However, I did announce that they were welcome to look at my boobs, just not my butt. I have a butt phobia. No one is to look at my butt.

I showered naked.

And that's really something. For someone like me.

On another note, why is it, as women, we don't want guys to know we like them? But we want them to be interested in us, but they just can't know we're interested in them. Then we get jealous when the boy we're interested in, but have showed no interest in, talks to another girl. So, how are women supposed to show interest without actually being boldly out there? I mean, I've been told guys are dense. Which I believe. But how can we show a guy we're interested without appearing desperate? Even though we are desperate. But we don't want him to know we're desperate. So, I guess the question is, how do we get a guy to become interested in us?

Okay, I'll drop the fisade. How do I get a guy to like ME?! I'm an old fashion kind of girl so I don't believe in making the first move, but I believe my flirting skills are not what they used to be. They are lacking. Very lacking.

Don't bother to ask who the guy is. I won't tell you. Won't. tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home