Monday, June 12, 2006

My Weekend Update

Back when I had time to watch SNL, I always loved Weekend Update. I wish I was witty enough to make fun of current events, unfortunately, I don't have the time. Oh, and I love John Stewart. He's funny (although some of his skits are lame) and easy on the eyes. Too bad I'm non-political. I never have any idea of what's going on in the world.

Yeah, so this weekend my BFF came in town. She got in around 8 on Friday night and we went to a FABULOUS restaurant (The Evening Star in Delray). I was worried about having the dog around it actually wasn't a problem. I let her sleep in my room in my bed, that way the dog was contained, and I slept on the couch (I'm a good friend). Thank goodness for a comfy couch. Yeah, so all we did on Friday night was go to dinner then hang out around my house. I told her I had been thinking about re-doing my room and she got SO excited. She's very crafty like that. So, she got a plan together. It only took her HOURS. So, the next morning we came up with a gameplan and spent the morning (i.e. from noon till 2) walking around old town, then we dropped the dog off at my place (she was pooped, so she took a nap) then went to home depot, target, and walmart. We ate out at Noodles for lunch and came back to my house and starting the remodel. Lets just say my room looks very different now.

Once we finished moving everything around, we ate dinner at the chart house. Its a hoity toity restaurant down on waterfront. Expensive, but good. She's all about the good food and doesn't consider it expensive unless its $50/plate. Yeah, we didn't do anything that expensive, but it was still expensive to me. Yesterday I didn't go to church because she was still around and I know better than to ask her to come to church with me. Yeah, so I was a heathen and we went out for Sunday brunch. She left shortly thereafter.

I was so paranoid that I wouldn't be able to get anything done this weekend because she was here, but in actuality, I got a TON more done than I would've ever done by myself. I often underestimate her. Also, I didn't mind the dog. It was actually nice having her around for company. I would mind having a small dog like that.... except for the whole picking up poop with your hands thing. Ew.

Oh, I bought season 1 of Grey's anatomy and watched the ENTIRE thing yesterday. I also read a conference talk, and watched a christian movie so I got some churchy stuff in. Yeah, so this season's Grey's Anatomy was SO much better than last season. I mean, last season was good, but this season.... WOWSERS!



Note: The pigeon is still alive and kicking and still annoying the crud outta me. Stupid flying rodent.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

I love Greys Anatomy. This season was awesome but it was good to go back and watch the episodes I missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home