My Reality TV
When I was in college, I had a girl in some of my classes that just thought I was HILARIOUS! I thought it was funny that she found me so amusing, but then she started suggesting that I should do stand up. I thought about it seriously. Then.... nah! I realized that I could be funny when I was with a group of my friends, or maybe at a party, but if I tried to plan to be funny, it never worked out. The jokes wouldn't go as well if I planned out what to say ahead of time.
I guess that's why I find Last Comic Standing so interesting. I enjoyed watching the auditions, and Tuesday's show was good. Except I wasn't thrilled with the people they chose! There was this Jewish guy that I thought was hilarious... but he didn't make it. Of course. I don't like the pregnant Stella. I think her stuff is crude and not that funny. I do like the Willy Wonka look alike. Yeah, but that's about it. Disappointing if you ask me.Still, I respect that they can get up there and make people laugh. I have stuff happen to me everyday that I can laugh about, but making other people laugh about your life is something else. When I was contemplating doing stand up, I realized that my family is hilarious. Not in the we're-rolling-on-the-floor-all-the-time kinda funny, but we're disfunctional and people find that funny. However, if I were to get up in public in front of strangers and make fun of my family, I think I'd be disowned. Yeah, another reason not to do stand up.
Plus, I find hope in that Darcy loved her and all of her "wobbly bits".... *sigh*
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home