Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I want you to want me… even if I don't want you.

I think most girls want to be wanted. They want to be desired. It gives us a boost and makes us feel better about ourselves even if we aren't into the guy.

So this past weekend I had various social engagements (no dates though…) and got all dressed up for the occasion. I must say, I didn't look half bad. At my various stops I managed to bump into two guys which fit with the title of this post. First there was TG*. Story with TG is that I went on a date with him like 2 years ago, had a great time. The next time I saw him after the date, I made the mistake of introducing him to an acquaintance of mine…. who he ended up dating for over a year. Yeah… nice one.

Anyway, he's now single, and although I'm not into him, I'm under the impression that HE should be into ME! Is that so wrong? He's not horrible looking, plus, he's tall so I don't have to look at him anyway. (I know, I'm horrible!)

I spoke to him on Friday night and he complimented me on my costume and we spoke a few other times when we casually bumped into each other. So, why doesn't he ask me out? I mean, I know I'm not THAT into him, but how does he know that?!

Later that same evening I bumped into CT**. He's one of those guys that I've known for years, he's asked out almost all of my girlfriends, but not me. He talks to me all the time. Flirts with me. Talks too close to me. But never once has he asked me out. I don't mean to be bitter, but why hasn't he?! CT is also one of those guys that only talks to you if you're the best thing in the room. For instance, I hung out with him like a year ago, he had given me his undivided attention for close to an hour, and then a tall blonde arrived and he ditched me faster than you can say "Bob's your uncle". To add to my frustration, he tends to jeopardize my time and attention in social atmospheres. Not cool and very inconsiderate.

And no, I'm not into CT. But he should be into me!

I will be the first to admit that I'm a flirt. My policy is to cast a wide net, so I just flirt with every guy in the hopes that I'll actually catch something. Okay, so maybe this method hasn't been working so well, but it does keep me from getting hurt.

So, since I'm flirting with both TG and CT, you'd think I'd get one, but alas…. No. Yes, I realize this makes me sound like a huge jerk… wanting guys that I don't want to want me. But you should know, this does amazing things for a girl's ego! Don't knock it till you try it. And I know there are girls out there that know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, so stop turning you nose up at me. You're just like me, you just don't want to admit it. And I don't think this means I'm totally shallow. I've gone out with lots of guys that I wasn't into that I eventually grew into. (Does that make sense?)

So, in closing, I want you to want me…. Or heck, I want anyone to want me…. Just don't expect me to want you too.


*Tall Guy
** Close Talker

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, basically you're being the female version of CT? You flirt with everyone but you're attention is to whomever happens to be the best one there whether your are interested or not? You want the ego boost of having someone pay attention, even if it's at the cost of their feelings being hurt when you don't actually want them?
Maybe that's why casting the wide net doesn't work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home