Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I want you to want me.... and then wait.

When I started this blog, I didn't intend for this to be a dating blog, but that's exactly what its turned into. And why should I break with tradition now?!

Recently I've reached a point of frustration. I went out with a guy that was not of my faith, I figured it was all in good fun, no big deal. But in the end, although we had a lovely time, I haven't heard from him and I'm pretty sure I know why.

I wouldn't have sex with him.

Now, I guess it shows that I've been dating a lot of guys of my same standards and had forgotten that this lone standard could be a deal breaker. But why? When my grandparents were my age, they wouldn't think of discussing sex on a first date. But here was a guy that was calling it quits before the game even started. On one hand, its nice to be desired, to feel wanted in that way. However, on the other hand, I feel like crap because he doesn't think I'm worth waiting for. See? There goes my idealistic view on the world. I guess I've watched too many ABC Family Special Movie Presentations.... "If he loves you, he'll wait." I'm 26 years old. I'm too old for this crap.

But what if he doesn't love you, and won't wait to find out if he could love you?

I know, I should just say, "his loss" and be done with it. But I question why it is that this guy is willing to throw away something great just because I won't fulfill his selfish carnal desires. I had no idea I could scare a guy away so quickly.

In the end, my ultimate frustration comes from not being asked out by the guys that have the same standards as me, and then getting rejected by the guys that want me because of my standards. There's gotta be an easier way.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are guys out their who don't share your faith but do share your standards. Regardless of what your beliefs are, a guy who ends things just because he can't get action just isn't worth your time. Ever.

Hold out for something better. If you're worth the wait then he will be too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home