Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dating with a Diva

She can't help that she's beautiful. And I'm not one to hold it against her, but she is quite the looker. We've been friends since our freshman year in college and still party like we're in college. I LOVE her!

But I hate how guys treat me when she's around.

I become invisible. Or even worse, a means to get to her. If I get another phone call from a guy friend just calling to "chat" and then it turns into a "what do you think your friend would say if I asked her out?" "Tell me about your friend"….. etc, and so forth, I'll shoot myself in the foot! (because what guy wouldn't love going out with a gimp!)

Now, I'm not an ugly person. I don't consider myself to be unattractive, but how does one compete?

Every guy I've met in the past 2 months, who I may or may not have been initially interested in, has expressed an interest in her. I know she's a pretty girl with a great personality, but I'm not too bad either!!

Okay, so I may be complaining now, but I haven't had horrible luck in the past few months with dating. I've gone on a handful of dates, some with people I thought might have some potential, others with guys that just happened to ask. But in the end, I'm still alone.

Is it horrible to think that my friends wouldn't be my friends if she wasn't around? It's amazing that at my ripe old age of 25, I still find myself feeling like the last one chosen for kickball. A consolation prize.

I try not to be bitter. I try to just hold my own and have a good time. But I find myself getting more and more ticked off as I see more and more guys trip over themselves to get to her. And then the jealousy sets in.

This is me trying not to be jealous. How am I doing?

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be your friend if she weren't around! And I feel your pain. I don't think the problem is that you're not attractive or anything, I think it's just that you've positioned yourself as the best friend of the beauty queen, so no matter what you have to offer, that's what you're going to be. Unless you change that, of course..

Yay for the new post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home