Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The NCMO

The oppportunity arose and I decided to seize the day. I mean, how often does a friend of a friend of a friend ask you out? I mean, it's kinda flattering.

I met him on a dark and rainy night. I had fled from my house, trying to save myself from the inevitable flash flood and power outages and decided to join a friend for dinner. At that dinner, SF was there. He was funny, with a potty mouth, but had ambition, a great career, education, all qualities I find attractive. And TALL. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love tall guys?)

So, I was at dinner and as he drank his beer, it became obvious that SF was into me. I'm not dense, I know the signs. He kept trying to make me laugh, talked to me exclusively, and at the end of the night tried to hand me his card (which I think is just a cop out). Instead, I told him to Facebook me. He gave me a hug goodnight and had already requested me as a friend on facebook by the time I got home.

A couple weeks passed and nothing happened. He never tried to contact me in anyway. (Why do guys do that?! They show interest one day and then just forget about you. Further evidence that guys don't even know what they want.) But thanks to the wonders of Facebook Chat, I contacted him. I knew that he thought I was beautiful and had asked about me, so I knew it wouldn't take much encouragement to get him to ask me out. I started a flirty conversation with him which led to him asking me out to drinks. Then we continued our conversation via text message, and it got upgraded to dinner.

Sidenote: I'll be the first to admit that I'm a flirt. However, I don't flirt without cause. When I flirt with a guy its because I'd like to get to know him better, and if he did grow some balls and ask me out, I'd go! And in this case, it was no different.

We planned to meet up 2 days later and we constantly texted back and forth until the day arrived. By this time, I had grown a little fearful because it had become very apparent that he and I didn't share the same moral values and beliefs. As a self-diagnosed prude, the world of sleeping around with near strangers is very foreign to me, but SF had made it clear that he wanted to do more than just dinner.

I ended up meeting him by the metro for dinner, where he took me out to maybe the nicest dinner I've ever had on a date. I discovered it's nice to go out with guys that spend money and have good jobs and nice cars. He was touchy feely with me immediately and I was a little shocked by it. I actually shocked myself at how receptive I was to his advances.

Over dinner, my beliefs did come up, and he communicated that he was aware of my moral standards but we did not dwell on them. I just felt that since he was aware of them, he now knew what to expect (or rather, what NOT to expect).

That being the case, we went back to my house and he pounced. I was surprised at how he managed to respect my boundaries, but at the same time, request me to push them to the side. This is when I realized, I was in the middle of a Non-Commital Make Out (NCMO). I knew that as he asked me to push my boundaries, it wouldn't matter if I did or didn't, he still wasn't going to call. We had fun, but that was that.

The next day as I asked a friend about SF, he expressed his shock when I said I went out with SF. This is when I discovered (and I wasn't really surprised to hear) that SF has repeatedly communicated that sex is very important to him in a relationship and he won't have a relationship without it.

Wow, we were over before we even started.

And, no surprises here, the Sex Fiend never did call.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Way to go! I totally support the occasional fling. I do think SF is a punk for kissing and running, though. Any guy in their right mind should be sticking around for more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home