Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Endurance for the Playground

So, as to not cause worry among all my readers, I will post another blog to let you know I'm still alive.

Yes, my last post was far too depressing and sappy for my taste. Gag me with a spoon!

So, I will continue.

My last blog made me sound weak. And I don't like that. Why is it that we (women) let men get to us in that way? One minute we're unstoppable, independent, and confident; the next we're cowering in the corner, rocking back and forth in the fetal position. I don't think its acceptable.

I won't deny that I'm depressed. Who wouldn't be in my situation? But I won't let it defeat me.

In recent days I've realized how much music and movies can influence our perception of love. On Sunday night some boys were intrigued by our fascination with Jane Austen, and decided to take a look. What they found was shocking, to them and to me.

Girls like to be treated like crap. It happens in Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, and countless others. The man treats the woman poorly, and they hate each other, but at the same time there's something erotic about it. In the end they all come together and live happily ever after. Its enough to make you vomit. Maybe its our grade-school version of love. He pulls your hair, you hit him, then he chases you around the playground until he finally catches you and TA DA!! You're now a couple!

If only it were that easy now.

I don't want a guy that treats me like crap, looking back I allowed 6'4 guy to treat me abominably ill and it makes me angry. He was dishonest and secretive, and I let him get away with it. I'm such a sucker. I'm sick of it. And I don't think any girl should take that kind of treatment. I can't believe that I took that kind of treatment. I guess it goes to show what happens to a girl when she falls in love.

But, hey! I'm back on the market. Or in the market. Or whatever it is.

So send some nice guys my way, I promise to kick them in the shins.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl. Glad to see you're finally getting good and pissed. :o) -- Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home